Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sandy

Posted by wifey2mikey 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 13:01

Sandy - sorry for not calling you yesterday as planned. My daughter was involved in a roll over accident in Oklahoma City on Sunday morning and we were gone most of the day taking care of her. She is fine by the way. Miraculously crawled out of a very crushed car without so much as a scratch or a bruise. She is very sore today however. Will you abe around this evening? If so, I'll call you then...

Again, my apologies. I'm at work and dont' have access to my home email or I would have called or emailed you.

~Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sandy

Laura, I'll be around this evening. Just give me a call whenever. No apologies needed. Glad your daughter wasn't critically injured. What a horrible experience!

Sandy

o

Laura, how awful! I am glad she walked away from it. My daughter was in a rollover accident several years ago and it is scary beyond belief how they survive that. She ended up upside down, hanging by her seatbelt (thank goodness she had it on) and passersby helped her get out of the car because it was leaking gasoline. Those accidents are frightening and I always dreaded those calls.

So I can relate to the trauma of that experience. Hope she continues to do well.....

Susan

o

Thank you Susan. That's exactly the same thing that happened to Michelle. She ended up upside down in a drainage ditch. She had to crawl through the passenger window to get out of the car. She flagged down a passing motorist after the OKC 911 operator hung up on her. I'm still amazed that she got out of the car without so much as a bruise or scratch. She's just a tiny bit sore, but nothing major at all considering the damage to the car.

o

So glad she's safe. I kept a photo of my daughter's mangled car on the fridge door for a long time just to remind her to drive safely. The accident was her fault as she ran a red light (one of those that you don't see until after you've already gone thru it, at a shopping center area) and a truck T-boned her car. She was soooooo lucky, too.

Anyway, hope you get off to a good butterfly season and I am sure that Sandy will help you do just that.

I found a Monarch egg on the tiniest milkweed start in my yard - only about 3" tall. Go figure...

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here