Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newgarden5

Butterfly Bush seed question & Lochinch info needed

newgarden5
11 years ago

I didn't realize this until now but I want to know if I am messing with my gardens future trail space or not. I love in zone 9 (Davenport, FL)

I have some Magenta and Blue-Violet (Buzz) Butterfly bushes planted on the side of my house spaced far apart from my rose bushes. I plan on keeping these relatively compack. Usually before the last few flowers fall off penicles of the plant I tend to cut them off. And because I had read that using the old/dead parts of some plants and fallen leaves make for a good organic mulch type product. I am worried I might have baby Butterfly bushes crop up in the near future..!

Can someone confirm or alleviate my fears? Thank you!

Now on to part 2. I bought yesterday the Lochinch butterfly bush in light pink and a darker purple color but I noticed that these are very lanky looking. Is there a way (that is the better way) to keep them smaller and not so lanky...?? I don't mind doing a bit of height but I just don't want them looking lanky and very airy looking on the otherside of the coin I don't want them to be too bush and unmanageable..

Any info would be lovely!

Jenny~

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County