Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Semi-OT: Butterfly Garden Decor?

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 23:30

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much on this forum lately, but I'm WS/SS'ing like crazy and always keeping the butterflies in mind. As a fellow butterfly admirer, I wanted to ask you if you had any decorations in your gardens that are butterfly themed? Flags, signs, wind chimes, lights, and the like? I have a few items here and there. I have a butterfly wind chime that stays indoors year 'round. On another note, I got this beautiful, cozy butterfly throw/blanket for my birthday last month and it was perhaps my favorite gift out of the presents I received. :-)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Semi-OT: Butterfly Garden Decor?

I have a few things that are butterfly themed... There is a metal sculpture hanging from the bricks on the wall under my covered porch. I also have a black metal butterfly shaped stake that I bought at Hobby Lobby two summers ago. I have a welcome sign in the garden, too, but that's about it. Most everything ends up getting covered up by the flowers by the end of the summer. :-)
~Laura

o
RE: Semi-OT: Butterfly Garden Decor?

I prefer the butterflies and flowers to be the main attraction and don't have much décor. We do have an old potting station on the porch that I love. However, my neighbor gave us a whole bunch of his mother's old weathered garden gnomes, so there's about 10 gnomes out there. FYI, weather-beaten, sun-faded gnomes with glass eyes are a bit creepy. And then my husband added some gargoyles in an attempt to make things more manly. So basically, between the overgrown flowers (because more is more, right?) and the creepy gnomes and random snarly gargoyles, we look like the neighborhood crazy house. I love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here