Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davessels

BST eggs 25 and counting!

Debra Vessels
9 years ago

On Wednesday the 21st I spotted an ELF on my dill, just as I was about to leave the house. When I checked, she had left 3 eggs. I have planted 7 dill of various types and stages, so I have plenty of dill, also two parsley. We went out of town for three days, when we returned on Tuesday, I had a look and I counted over a dozen. Yesterday I had 24, Today I have lost count, as I had an ELF being very particular while I was mowing the lawn. She laid two eggs on the parsley, which I haven't seen before, and on the tiniest tip of a dill leaf she left a dozen or more on the very end. they are in 3 rows of four. I was very amazed to see this, as they are usually scattered all around the dill. Is this unusual. I will get my dh to get a picture of it if he can.
The three that were laid on the 21st have hatched, I can see them with my magnifying glass they are so tiny. Now I have to decide if I will bring them in, I had terrible luck with them last year, and lost all of them, after I brought them in.
This is much earlier than I found them last year. We also had 1 1/2" of rain the past week, it was glorious!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County