Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bandjzmom

My Little Spicebush Cat

bandjzmom
10 years ago

So far, so good. They are growing!!! I'm so excited.

Comments (15)

• MissSherry
    10 years ago

How darling!!

Sherry

• Mary Leek
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness, what a little sweetie! Am I mistaken or is their coloration a bit like the Giant Swallowtail cat when it is young; although I believe there is more white on your foster baby. Can hardly wait to see it when it turns into the stunning green with the 'big eyes'!

Mary

• catherinet
    10 years ago

Ahhh........what a cute widdle cat!

• bandjzmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys. I am excited for the green change too. They are just so expressive.

• Leafhead
    10 years ago

So cute...
    You can just make out the beginnings of eyespots on the thorax.

• spaceman13
    10 years ago

Too cute!!!
    Hope they all grow up big and strong. I hope someday soon I'll get to see some in my yard!

Good Luck.

• butterflymomok
    10 years ago

Love the spicebush caterpillars. They are fun to watch as they go through the different instars. I think they do resemble the Giant cats a little bit when they are small. I like that they change colors and let you know they are ready to pupate.

Sandy

• bandjzmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for comments and wishes. They are growing! Look like big brown bird poop now! Just got some fresh food for them, and all is well.

• linda_tx8
    10 years ago

Congrats, it's adorable! I'm hoping the Spicebush butterflies will return here. We're slowly getting a few swallowtails back to lay eggs here. 3 Giant Swallowtail cats so far, and I've got a chrysallis which is a Two-tailed Tiger. And the PVST, of course...I released some a while back and I've got a few more now.

• catherinet
    10 years ago

Peekie boo!

{{gwi:475673}}

• bandjzmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow Linda, that sounds great. Texas gets the best butterflies! Love your Peekie Boo catherinet! My Spicies are making good progress. I got a couple shots of them just now. Check it out! PROGRESS!!!! They are just so cool.

• Leafhead
    10 years ago

Too cute!! I have yet to see a single Swallowtail of any kind up here.... We have the weather, the food and the nectar.

• bernergrrl
    10 years ago

Great pics! Just planted a spicebush--hope a mama finds it!

• catherinet
    10 years ago

Oh, they grow up so fast! (sniff.....sniff).....

• bandjzmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is just so much fun! I go first thing each morning to check on them, and this morning, the largest cat was out and moving up a leaf! I originally had three cats, and somehow one of them disappeared. I don't see how it could have gotten out of the container, so I am assuming it was consumed. So now, I have two cats, and one of them is twice as large as the other. Hmmmmm. Berry berry interesting! :o)