Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

Just a joyful ramble.

docmom_gw
12 years ago

I've been wanting to post, but didn't want to bore everyone. But, too bad. I'm just so excited about this year's butterflying potential. I've been growing butterfly plants for at least ten years, but finally have a house with a yard/garden large enough to support a great diversity of plants. Last year I finally had Monarch eggs and cats in my own yard and successfully raised more than 50 Monarchs and about 15 BST butterflies. I think I saw a Red Admiral? Is that their name? I don't have much time to spend identifying and observing. I just provide the environment. Fast forward to this spring. I know most people are frustrated by all the rain we've had, but I'm thrilled. I have literally thousands of volunteer native seedlings sprouting in my garden beds, and the rain has allowed them to flourish. I can't imagine how many butterflies I'll attract this year! I'd attempt to list my plants, but my daughter wants to use the computer before she leaves for school. Just wanted to share my excitement. Happy Gardening!

Martha

Comments (4)