Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_71

Cabbage White

bob_71
12 years ago

Over the past two years I have received devastating losses in my family. The most recent was the loss of the "love of my life"...my partner of almost 57 years on May 22. It gets harder and harder to get on with life. Please bear with me as I catch my breath...having an association with a group such as this and a friendly bond with my garden and camera will be a help.

Butterflies have been a little slow this year but one of my favorites...the Cabbage White, has been with me sporadically. He posed for this shot on a new Lantana (for me)...HAM & EGGS, recommended by Miss Sherry.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Bob

{{gwi:480462}}

Comments (8)

• MissSherry
    12 years ago

Beautiful picture, Bob!

I'm SO sorry about your terrible loss! My husband and I have been married for 45 years in July, and I can't imagine what my life will be like if he passes on before I do. We've been together so long, since I was 17 and he was 22. I can imagine it's hard to get up in the morning and put one foot in front of the other. Hopefully, your interest in butterflies will help. You post the MOST beautiful pictures, and I look forward to seeing them. Please post often - even if it isn't your best shot, or you've already posted pictures of the same type butterfly, we never tire of them!

Again, I'm so sorry about this - there aren't words to deal with this.

Sherry

• catherinet
    12 years ago

Oh Bob! I can't imagine your grief!

Its really good that you can even turn to your camera and garden now. Its a good sign that you are letting other things in life hold you up, as you go through this incredible loss.
    Let nature hold you and comfort you, to fill the immense void you must be feeling.

You have so much to offer others! Please don't ever quit giving of yourself to others!
    As Sherry said, there just aren't words to say in times like these.
    Keep on going Bob. We're here for you!
    ((((hugs))))

• jrcagle
    12 years ago

Bob,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jeff

• butterflymomok
    12 years ago

Bob,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May God be with you through this time. Thank you for continuing to share your incredible pictures with us.

Sandy

• bettyd_z7_va
    12 years ago

Hi Bob,

I'm a relative newbie here since last June.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please know that the time you've taken to share your beautiful pictures of the butterflies here has given me such joy. I actually saved to my favorites your 'Joe Pye Weed drives 'em wild!' post.

I was just thinking the other day that you could and should share your beautiful pictures and knowledge of our 'winged friends' with the world in a coffee table book.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? You've posted enough here to make a best seller, easily.

Thanks so much for staying here and sharing with us during this heartbreaking time.

Betty

• kr222
    12 years ago

It's touching that you can still find beauty after such a great loss.
    Kim

• bananasinohio
    12 years ago

To echo Betty, I was just wondering the other day when your next pictures were going to be posted. I needed my fix :)! You have the most beautiful pictures and I really look forward to them.

I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. Gardening is wonderful for the soul. I hope you stick with it and us.

Elisabeth

• bob_71
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Your kind remarks are appreciated!

Bob