Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday present

Posted by spaceman13 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 10:14

I got a nice birthday present this morning, I found my first butterfly egg in MY butterfly garden on my property, a BST, on my Bronze Fennel!

I was perusing this forum at around 7 and breifly saw something dark flutter past the window. I figured it was one of the many small birds, so I didn't check till I was heading out to work. Found the egg and put down my stuff, went to my potting bench and grabbed some scissors and snipped it. Took it upstairs and got it situated.

So I was a half hour late to work...big deal!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday present

Congrats!! Butterfly gardens DO work. Now, keep a look out for more eggs. She has your number.

Sandy

And, Happy Birthday!

o

Yes! Usually if you find one there are many more coming.

o

Happy Birthday! And what a great present!

If you can't be 30 minutes late on your birthday, when can you?

Be sure to show us a picture of your present when it turns into a beautiful Butterfly.

Betty

o

Happy Birthday spaceman! What a great present! I recall the day when I found my very first BST egg on my fennel. Very exciting stuff. Plant those host plants, and they will come. Best of luck!!

o

Happy birthday!
Ditto to what's been said about there will be more - there WILL be!
Sherry

o

Happy Birthday Spaceman! Great present. Bronze fennel is a wonderful plant for Black Swallowtails. I bet you find more.
Did you tell them why you were late?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here