Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowe's has cheap butterfly weed

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 14:55

I was surprised to see that Lowe's is carrying butterfly weed. I bought several nice looking containers of them for $3.33/each today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowe's has cheap butterfly weed

I wish they would carry it here. I have never had any luck finding it around here except at plant and herb festivals in the spring.

~Laura

o

I'm finding some interesting perennials this year at big box stores. At Menards, I bought some great looking digitalis and at Lowe's I found the butterfly weed, George Davidson crocosmia, delphinium, agastache. Hopefully I'll be keeping the butterflies and hummingbirds happy. I have never seen this kind of variety at the big box stores before. hopefully its a trend that continues. Lowe's even had Big Blue stem grass!

o

I found it too!!! They had curravissca for 3.50 here. Even though I'm growing a bunch from seed (and they are doing very well) I just couldn't pass up the deal at Lowes. Glad I'm not the only one that found it :)

o

What's curravissca? (sorry for my ignorance. I googled it and it just talked about clothing).

o

Hi Catherine, asclepias curassavica is tropical milkweed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here