Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Trying the new image posting feature here

mboston_gw
11 years ago

Just wanting to see how easy it is.

Pictures are of the Zowie Zinnias that someone here recommended. Love that they are full bushy plants and bloom profusely. The Tiger Swallowtail was huge and was actually pulling down the Penta blooms it would land on.

Comments (21)

• mboston_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Guess you can only post one picture each time.

• mboston_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tiger Swallowtail.

• mboston_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Where did it go?

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Beautiful! My Zowie zinnias are only about an inch tall so I'm jealous that yours are blooming already. Kinda jealous of your yellow Tiger too. lol

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Just testing. Someone in the computer forum posted that they couldn't see the new photos. It's working ok for me.
    You have to click on "browse" next to the box right below "Post a Message to the Forum" or "Post a Follow-Up" in case anyone doesn't see the new feature.

This photo is from a few years ago. I hardly ever see a yellow female Tiger, none so far this year.

• MissSherry
    11 years ago

I'll try it, too.

Sherry

• KC Clark - Zone 2012-6a OH
    11 years ago

If Garden Web posted somewhere about this new feature, I sure could not find it. I read the thread in Computer Help that mentions there is a size limit but never mentioned what the limit is. I'm curious how long Garden Web will store the pics. Our threads last for years if you know the URL. Seems unlikely Garden Web would hold the pictures that long if virtually no one knows how to access the webpage the pictures are connected with.

• mboston_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Miss Sherry - my DS and DH were in TN a few weeks ago and he took some pictures of Red Spotted Purples puddling. They were gorgeous. We don't have them here so I was excited to see his shots. In one shot, he actually caught 3 differents species - the RSP, a Hackberry (I think) and a little Blue. Kinda neat.

• wifey2mikey
    11 years ago

Trying it out too! I've had several yellow females this year, but all were tattered.

~Laura

• susanlynne48
    11 years ago

Question.

Do you need to resize the photos or not? Don't really see the value in using it if you do.

Susan

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

I didn't have to resize. The big advantage is not having to put stuff on Photobucket first. You just get in directly from your computer.

• wifey2mikey
    11 years ago

Agreed - no resizing, no posting to another website first. Just browsing through your C drive and posting whatever. Cons - you can only do one picture. But hey, I'll take it!

~Laura

• mboston_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They say on the Kitchen Forum (Home Site) that you do have to resize but mine are pretty large. I'd rather do that than hav to go to Photobucket where I would resize anyway behorehand. Would like to be able to do more than 1 in a posting though. Maybe if they were smaller you could.

• lucas_tx_gw
    11 years ago

FYI I have figured out that if you add the photo, the preview, then edit the message and preview again you have to re-add the picture. Maybe that's why people are saying they can't see them.

• susanlynne48
    11 years ago

'K, so here's one from me!

Tecoma 'Miami Sunrise'. Gorgeous plant!

Susan

• Tony G
    11 years ago

I'll try too! This is the lone survivor from our first batch of BST's. I left them in the fennel to fend for themselves but they didn't fend so well.

I brought in the last instar 5 cat. He rejected my sticks and pupated on the side of the cage. Everything looks OK so far. The chrysalis is green but starting to get a little darker. Will keep you posted, Tony

• terrene
    11 years ago

This is the first time I've tried the new image upload! Usually I FTP the files over to a friends web server, and post from there.

This morning, the 2nd Spicebush Swallowtail emerged from the over-wintering chrysalises! It looks like a couple more are darkening too. These chrysalises pupated last August and September. It's nice to know that most of them have made it through the winter okay. :)

Anybody know if this is a male or female??

• leubafr
    11 years ago

Please tell me what hostplant the Spicebush swallowtail uses...........I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here and don't know where to look. That's one of my new caterpillars that I did not have in Slidell.

• caterwallin
    11 years ago

Hi Mary and welcome back! Here's what I have listed as host plants for the Spicebush Swallowtail:
    spicebush (Lindera benzoin)
    sassafras (Sassafras albidum)
    redbay (Persea borbonia)
    tulip poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera)
    sweetbay (Magnolia virginiana)
    camphor tree (Cinnamomum camphora)

I hope that you get to raise some. I bought some spicebushes and this will be the fifth year I've had them and have yet to find any cats on them, although I usually have Spicebush Swallowtail butterflies flying around here most years.

Cathy

• leubafr
    11 years ago

Thank you Cathy.....I will be exploring and looking for these as I try to get back into my 'Cats'.

• terrene
    11 years ago

Hey guys - does anybody know if the Spicebush in my pic is a male or female? Thanks!

From the chrysalises that over-wintered, I've had 3 butterflies and 2 weird wasps emerge so far. Will start a thread on that when I have more time. 2 more dormant chrysalises left to go.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville