Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cecropias update

Posted by alch21 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 19:39

Cecropias cats have been amazing ! I have hundreds of them and it has been so fun ! ( good thing I am a science teacher and home for the Summer :) I have taken hundreds of pics of these beauties. Wish I could upload more than one pic...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cecropias update

Beyond awesome I would say. My gosh, that is one of the coolest things ever!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

o

Upload as many pix as you want by using follow-up postings to your original post; you can use this already-established post.

o

Two of the coolest looking cats on this post... Best of luck rearing these gems of Lepidoptera:)

o

more pics

o

more pic

o

They look like they're dressed up for Mardi Gras! Fabulous photos of these beautiful little cats. Thank you so much for sharing.

Mary

o

Their coloring is so amazing! Can those spines sting, or are they just sharp? And what are you feeding them?

Martha

o

SPECTACULAR photos!! Make me shiver with joy to see them!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us. :o)

o

I divided the cats into several group because I was worried I would not have enough to feed these little guys. So I chose pear, plum, birch and maple. They were all born within hours of each other but the ones raised on plum are growing much faster than the others. They are now more than 3 inches and incredible. They have been a lot of work but such a joy. Will post updated picture very soon

o

Hmmm. Interesting. I can't wait to see the pics. I came across this really cool page when investigating the Cecropia.http://www.wormspit.com/cecropia.htm
Angie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here