Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Minnesota Monarchs

Posted by coolbutterfly 5A (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 22:01

It's been a slow season up north too, but I saw two monarchs in our garden on June 26th!

I found 3 eggs and one hatched TODAY so I've missed at least one mama in our milkweed patch.

I snapped a photo of the ELF and got a couple egg pics too if you click the link below. Hopefully the season is taking a turn for the better! Tony

Here is a link that might be useful: Monarch Butterfly & Egg Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Minnesota Monarchs

I enjoyed your blog. Congrats on the eggs. Long live the Monarchs!

Sandy

o
RE: Minnesota Monarchs

Thanks Sandy,

even though the population was low to start the 2013 season, we have not had to water ONCE this season...there is TONS of healthy milkweed in our garden and around the area and the drought is becoming a distant memory.

If the monarchs are here, they have all the healthy milkweed they need to increase their numbers. I hope we are able to send you a bigger migration generation this year. Tony

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here