Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davessels

hungry bst cats

Debra Vessels
9 years ago

I had 8 BST cats on this one dill plant, it is nearly stripped! Out of 24 + BST cats on 7 dill plants I am down to about 8. There is alot of frass on several of the dill, so I know they have gone to Chrysalis. Just when I started to cut some of the ones back that did not have any cats on it, I noticed fresh eggs on several plants today. So, no more pruning and on to round two! I never saw the ELF, but I will keep a careful watch for more eggs. So exciting to know that we have helped the butterfly population this summer. My best dill plants by far have been the Fernleaf Dill, some of the common dill have been very tall and scraggly. I purchased the fernleaf from Walmart, and haven't had any cats die, so I feel confident it was good dill plants with no pesticides ect. The bad milkweed stories had me a little concerned. I also grew my own dill but it was so much later coming up than the nice plants from walmart, next year I will continue to start my own seed, plus get plants from Walmart for an early start.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz