Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm moving

Posted by BERGER123 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 12:21

Hi
I am most Likly moving to North Carolina. Do I bring some of the plants I have or do I go down there and buy a bunch of plants? What is the easiest swallowtail to raise down in North Carolina other that black swallowtail?
Jacob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm moving

I don't know if moving companies will transport plants. I envy you. NC would be a dream place to live. Below is my favorite butterfly ID website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterflies of the Carolinas and Virginias

o

It really depends on how far you are moving and whether the plants you have are hardy in the new area you'll inhabit. If your plants would survive the trip and could survive in their new surroundings, your garden would certainly get a head start with transplanted specimens rather than new plants. You'd also know the plants had no systemic pesticides used on them.

Can you tell us where you're moving from and which plants you have to move?

Martha

o

North Carolina is a big state! From Asheville in the moutains of western Carolina, to the big city of Charlotte, all the way to the Outer Banks and Nags Head.

Where are you ending up?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here