Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat ID Cont...

Posted by biologyteacher60 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 14:28

Here is another view. I counted seven. I hope I have enough parsley!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat ID Cont...

Still black swallowtails.

Maybe you could just place a mesh, pop-up laundry hamper over the parsley and weigh it down with bricks or something. I don't know how well parsley holds up in a water pick or left overs container (with holes punched in it) like we usually use. If it droops immediately in water it wouldn't do.

Sherry

o

Thank you for the info, misssherry!

o

Mine did fine in water last year. The parsley held up great.
Liz

o

I also have Rue. I read where they will feed on that too. Any thoughts?

o

They'll eat rue, but it's not their favorite. They won't want to eat rue after eating parsley, but if you don't have any parsley left, you could give them the rue. They'll eventually eat it.

Sherry

o

I had cats one year eat all the little dill volenteer sand they imeaditly started eating the rue so I have offered both at the same time and they ate both.
Jacob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here