Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berger123_gw

Study result

BERGER123
9 years ago

Hi
I wen t up to my hunting cabin and collected two female Harris checkerspot ,two female Canadian tiger swallowtail,two female viceroys,two female white admiral and one female american lady. I decided to do kinda a study to see different preferences of females choose locations and host plants. The Canadian tigers have not become used to captivity cause they usually take a week to a week and a half. The american lady had two host plant options. They were prealy everlasting and pussytoes. She laid six eggs on pussytoes and she laid 15 eggs on prealy everlasting. The female Harris checkerspots laid eggs on flat topped white aster. The weirdest of all was the limenitis. They do the limenitis slide. That's where they fly to the middle of the leaf and slide down until they are at the very tip and lay an egg. But there's females are cray. They laid eggs on the underside of the tips on stems and middle of the leafs and on top of each other. I had five host plants. I had paper birch, black cherry, chokecherry, sand bar willow and quaking aspen. They laid one egg on paper birch that was from a viceroy. No eggs on sand bar willow, chokecherry,black cherry. And the rest were on quaking aspen.
Jacob

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville