Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom2rja

Monarch eggs need homes! (Michigan)

Mom2RJA
9 years ago

Is anyone near Ann Arbor, MI and interested in raising monarchs? I have lots of eggs to find homes for! Our first monarch of the season emerged two weeks ago earlier than I expected, and emerged in a way that her wings did not have room to expand. Unfortunately I did not find her in time to save her wings, so she will be with us for her whole life. Her name is Olivia, and she is a spunky little thing! I decided to keep my other butterflies long enough to try to breed them, hoping to do right by Olivia by raising her babies, and also hoping to introduce more monarchs around here (we did not see a single one last year, and I have only found 5 cats around here so far this year). We ended up with three pairs that mated, including Olivia. I released all our other butterflies, but Olivia is laying eggs every day and I need to find homes for them! I have given away over 250 eggs already, and I have over 50 caterpillars here and a coule of days' worth of eggs. I want to thank Mona Miller for guiding me through this whole process. I would not have been able to do this without her help.

Please let me know if you are interested in some eggs and/or caterpillars and willing to come to Ann Arbor, MI to get them. I cannot ship them.

Comments (2)