Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 16:08

The FIRST National Moth Week -> July 23-29
Hope you're all getting ready for it.

I linked the website below. On Facebook, search for "moth week"

Here is a link that might be useful: National Moth Week website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Moth Week 2012

Good find, KC, there is an event 1/2 mile from me. Not particularly a moth-y place (an urban park), but easy to access.

o

I'm surprised no one had posted it before. From looking at the Ohio events, other moth'ers knew about it in March. I found out because I needed more sleeve material and saw a blurb about the week on BioQuip's website. BTW, they have a nice luna shirt for sale. Does not come in my size. :(

o

Having knowledge of moths and general biodiversity will increase interest of nature lovers. Good to find.Thank you very much KC.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home and Garden

o

Thanks for the info KC ! I am still looking for cecropia moths but found polyphemus eggs while hiking the other day.
4 cats came out today out of 6 eggs !

o

Less than 12 hours until National Moth Week!!!

I've found many moth eggs in my life but I don't remember ever finding saturnid eggs in the wild. Nice find on the polys.

o

Turned out the Portland event was private, rather than public.
I did go to the park briefly, and did see a moth, small and pale.

o

I figured out that some events were private when I was looking at the map on Sunday night. I kept wondering about this one woman inviting everyone to her house to look for moths. Made more sense that I'm not invited.

o

Here is my contribution to Moth week.. a very pretty little
"Showey Emerald" (Dichorda iridaria")

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here