Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_tx8

Queen!

linda_tx8
10 years ago

I found this on my milkweed...woohoo, a Queen cat! And I still haven't seen a single living Queen butterfly this year, although one must have sneaked in!

Comments (12)

• butterflymomok
    10 years ago

Love the Queens, but don't see them often. Have fun raising your baby.

• MissSherry
    10 years ago

Congrats, congrats, Linda!!

I haven't seen a monarch all year, so any MW caterpillar looks good to me!

Sherry

• bandjzmom
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is so cool. I would flip to see one. You Texans get so many cool butterflies there. Get some close-ups for us to see?
    Angie

• linda_tx8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sherry, that's what I was thinking...the milkweed are looking so great and...nothing, except butterflies use it as a nectar plant, of course! Glad to have found this little cat! Angie, this should be more close-up...3 sets of antennae or filamints on a Queen cat.

• bandjzmom
    10 years ago

A very cool cat indeed! Wow. What a thrill it would be to have them. Thanks for sharing. :) Angie

• linda_tx8
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It made it! Flew right off after I released it! Now, when we went into the city that day, I saw a few butterflies flying by...couldn't be sure, but I'm hoping they were Queens...otherwise, where can this lady find a mate?

• monkeybelle
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous! I am jealous!

• MissSherry
    10 years ago

She's so beautiful!!

Sherry

• lucas_tx_gw
    10 years ago

I've been seeing Queens the last few days here in the DFW area, so maybe she'll head on up here!

• Liz
    10 years ago

What a beauty! Congrats!

• Leafhead
    10 years ago

Fabulous photos! Congrats on some awesome Queens. Which mlkwd was that you used?

• joncongaroo
    10 years ago

If you want lots of Queens grow Conoclinium dissectum, aka Conoclinium greggii, aka Eupatorium greggii. (I thought Latin names were supposed to avoid confusion)

This flower is a magnet for male Queens which derive a chemical from them that turns into a pheromone that brings in the female Queens.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath