Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

I had to leave my cats at home with my DH

docmom_gw
10 years ago

I'm sitting in a hotel room 2 blocks from our nation's Capitol, preparing to plead for continued funding and less rigorous over site for non-profit hospice programs. Meanwhile, my 28 or so Monarch cats and 4 minuscule Black Swallowtail cats have been left behind in the care of my husband and teenage children. Need I say more? The Monarchs are all close to 5th instar and eating like pigs. I put them into paper bags and gave as much milkweed as I could fit comfortably. Cross your fingers.

Martha

Comments (6)

• Ruth_MI
    10 years ago

Good luck with both your "pleading" and your cats! Did you get the eye-roll about cat care?

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

Good luck on your plead, hope all goes well. (Im about 10 mins from the Capitol) :)

I hope your not too nervous about leaving the cats. How long will you be away from them for?

• Liz
    10 years ago

Maybe you could ask for periodic text messages with photos. That's what my dog sitter does, and it's very reassuring. Of course, I pay her. ;-)

• bandjzmom
    10 years ago

Oh my. NO, you do NOT need to say more!!! I had to leave behind the first two Spicebush chrysalides I have ever had, knowing that they were going to eclose while I was out of town. Bless your heart. I like the suggestion from Liz. Ask for pics and updates! Good luck at the Capitol!!!
    Angie

• docmom_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

DH sent me an e-mail whining about how sticky the milkweed plants are. Good thing I told him he could leave the fras where it was, or I'd never hear the end of it.

• bandjzmom
    10 years ago

Oh my. I feel your pain Martha. Too bad we don't live closer. I would have gladly kept them for you. :o)
    Angie

Sponsored