Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SoCal Butterfly Bush Stewards

Posted by toadworshipper none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 21:13

Anyone care to opine on blooming season in the Pasadena/Altadena/Eaton Canyon climate area? Previous miserable brushes with Butterfly Bushes (Buddleia or however you spell yours) in my former garden showed me I have the mother of all allergies to these cultivars. Unfortunately I have just detected huge one on the other side of the fence to the charming cottage I now rent which explains why I've been coughing myself to nearly complete incapacity for a month. Researching I understand these to have a long blooming season which I've already suffered some time through and it will surely take some time despite the emergency to get moved. I'm trying to determine if I'm rushing to get out of here while sick only to have the season end and miss several peaceful months here or if I'm prudently trying to avoid the ambulance. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SoCal Butterfly Bush Stewards

I don't know about your area, but they bloom until frost for me here. If you like where you are and plan on staying, perhaps you could speak to the owner of the garden and offer to pay for a replacement plant? I know if one of my plants was having that serious of an effect on a neighbor I'd be willing to dig it out and replace it with something. Vitex is similar from what I understand (at least in looks)-perhaps see if you're also allergic to that and if not, offer it as a replacement?

o
RE: SoCal Butterfly Bush Stewards

thanks for the information and interesting ideas eclectic cottage :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here