Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mechelle_m

Aristolochia Fimbriata Seeds for SASE

mechelle_m
11 years ago

My pipevines (aristolochia fimbriata) have produced lots of seed pods. Anyone that would like some seeds, contact me for information on getting a SASE to me and I will be happy to share.

Mechelle

Comments (11)

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

I sent you an email just now Mechelle - Thanks : )

• imabirdnut
    11 years ago

I would love more seeds of A.fimbriata...will also send you an email! Do you by any chance have any A.erecta or reticulata...I'm trying to get as many different birthwort family plants as I can for my PVST cats! They all but ignore the 2 A.tormentosa plants I have! I'm on my 3rd round of A.fimbriata plants being eaten to the ground this year! I have been moving them to the 2 A.tormentosa plants when they are out of the A.fimbriatas...but that is the only way they will eat them!
    Thanks for your offer,
    Lila

• nance
    11 years ago

Sending your a email. This is very nice of you.
    Nancy

• carol_jeff
    11 years ago

If have any seeds, I would love to have some.
    Thanks Carol

• alch21
    11 years ago

If you still have seeds I would love to have some ! I have seeds pods from aristolochia gigantea who will be reaady soon !

• mechelle_m
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just harvested about 20 seed pods, some were almost empty, but I have lots of seeds for anyone who would like some. Send me an email for info for SASE.

Mechelle

• Mary Leek
    11 years ago

Mechelle,

You have such a generous spirit. You shared these seed with me about three years ago and I now have a nice planting of these little vines. Last fall I left them in the bed to see if they would over winter here and they did! I'd also started seed so if the vines left in ground froze, I'd have some for planting out this spring. As it turned out, I didn't need replacements.

This summer I watched to see if they would add to their numbers and I saw many baby plants that had germinated from this season's dropped seed. I wasn't certain if they would self seed but they did. Just posting this info for anyone wondering how these plants might do in a growing zone north of you. My zone is now considered 8a-7b and I grow them in an area where they only get early morning sun.

Mary

A. fimbriata vines

{{gwi:516589}}

• mechelle_m
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mary,

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that your plants are so lush and full. I am so pleased that they are self seeding for you as well. Congrats! I hope you get lots of visitors to munch down that growth!

Mechelle

• jimmac619
    11 years ago

I just found your post and I would love to try this plant. We are expanding our flying wildlife garden greatly this year, and we already have a dedicated Pipevine Swallowtail population here. Am I too late for some seeds?

• mechelle_m
    Original Author
    11 years ago

jimmac619,

I do still have seeds from the last harvest as well as older seeds that have been kept cool and dry, so they may be viable as well. Send me an email that I can reply to and I will send you the info for the SASE.

Mechelle

• arden_gw
    10 years ago

Hi

I would love to grow this plant to attract butterfly and feed their babies!
    I'm having a hard time finding this plant in southern California!

Thanks
    Christine

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living