Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aristolochia Fimbriata Seeds for SASE

Posted by mechelle_m z9 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 22:46

My pipevines (aristolochia fimbriata) have produced lots of seed pods. Anyone that would like some seeds, contact me for information on getting a SASE to me and I will be happy to share.

Mechelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aristolochia Fimbriata Seeds for SASE

I sent you an email just now Mechelle - Thanks : )

o

I would love more seeds of A.fimbriata...will also send you an email! Do you by any chance have any A.erecta or reticulata...I'm trying to get as many different birthwort family plants as I can for my PVST cats! They all but ignore the 2 A.tormentosa plants I have! I'm on my 3rd round of A.fimbriata plants being eaten to the ground this year! I have been moving them to the 2 A.tormentosa plants when they are out of the A.fimbriatas...but that is the only way they will eat them!
Thanks for your offer,
Lila

o

Sending your a email. This is very nice of you.
Nancy

o

If have any seeds, I would love to have some.
Thanks Carol

o

If you still have seeds I would love to have some ! I have seeds pods from aristolochia gigantea who will be reaady soon !

o

I just harvested about 20 seed pods, some were almost empty, but I have lots of seeds for anyone who would like some. Send me an email for info for SASE.

Mechelle

o

Mechelle,

You have such a generous spirit. You shared these seed with me about three years ago and I now have a nice planting of these little vines. Last fall I left them in the bed to see if they would over winter here and they did! I'd also started seed so if the vines left in ground froze, I'd have some for planting out this spring. As it turned out, I didn't need replacements.

This summer I watched to see if they would add to their numbers and I saw many baby plants that had germinated from this season's dropped seed. I wasn't certain if they would self seed but they did. Just posting this info for anyone wondering how these plants might do in a growing zone north of you. My zone is now considered 8a-7b and I grow them in an area where they only get early morning sun.

Mary

A. fimbriata vines

o

Mary,

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that your plants are so lush and full. I am so pleased that they are self seeding for you as well. Congrats! I hope you get lots of visitors to munch down that growth!

Mechelle

o

I just found your post and I would love to try this plant. We are expanding our flying wildlife garden greatly this year, and we already have a dedicated Pipevine Swallowtail population here. Am I too late for some seeds?

o

jimmac619,

I do still have seeds from the last harvest as well as older seeds that have been kept cool and dry, so they may be viable as well. Send me an email that I can reply to and I will send you the info for the SASE.

Mechelle

o

Hi

I would love to grow this plant to attract butterfly and feed their babies!
I'm having a hard time finding this plant in southern California!

Thanks
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here