Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Tiger egg on my Spicebush I think

christie_sw_mo
12 years ago

Normally I have to do a lot of searching to find a Spicebush Swallowtail egg or cat on my spicebushes but lately, I've had to do a lot of searching to find a little branch to bring in for my babies that doesn't already have eggs and cats on it. It's so weird to have so many this year. Anyway, in my searching, one egg was bigger and yellow green instead of creamy white. I think it might be an Easter Tiger Swallowtail egg. Is there anything else it might be? I brought it in on the leaf to see what happens.

I haven't found any eggs or cats on my Tulip tree for a couple weeks now, even though I'm seeing quite a few Tigers around my yard. I've been checking a couple Wild Cherry trees too and none there. I was beginning to wonder if they were just done for the year.

It's good to know the Tigers will use Spicebush too if that's what it is. My Tulip tree gets black stuff on the underneath side of the leaves that looks like some kind of fungus or something. It's not on all the leaves but maybe that's turning them away.

Comments (5)

Sponsored