Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifey2mikey

Butterfly Calendar

wifey2mikey
12 years ago

I published a butterfly calendar this year using photographs from last year. This is the August picture and I think its one of my personal favorites. Though for whatever reason it doesn't show up nearly as vibrant here as it does in real life.

{{gwi:486935}}

~Laura

Comments (9)

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

Oooh! I love that photo, too. Something about the size of the blossom with the perfect little blue thing clinging delicately to the edge. What butterfly is that, for the ignorant among us (me)?

Martha

• jeanner
    12 years ago

Yes that is a beautiful shot! Is that dill? I planted some last year but the BST's ignored it in favor of the QAL so I didn't plant any this year and now I miss the blooms, they are so delicate.

I also do a calendar but I've always done one with my bird pictures but I might have to do another one with butterflies.

• bev2009
    12 years ago

The butterfly is so tiny against the dill blossom, it really highlights how fragile it is and what a big world it has to navigate to survive. Beautiful.

• wifey2mikey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes it was dill. I only wish I would have planted more this year since the swallowtails are the most plentiful butterfly for me this year.

~Laura

• butterflymomok
    12 years ago

Laura,

Do you use an Apple program to publish your calendar? I like the idea of a butterfly calendar. Do you share them with friends?

Sandy

• wifey2mikey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sandy I actually had them printed by a company. They were expensive but yes, I did make enough to share them with friends and family at Christmas time. They are on a very glossy thick paper and turned out very nice. I think I will do it again, but may try to find a publisher that is less expensive. I'm going to talk to the company that does the baseball program at my son's school.

My daughter has a Mac computer and I have been impressed with how well they edit photographs etc, but I imagine the quality of the final product would depend as much on the quality of printer.

~Laura

• jeanner
    12 years ago

You can get them from all of the online photo processing sites - I've ordered from Snapfish and one other place(dont remember the other one!). I got one free when I ordered something from Amazon but I think the other one was about 20.00. Shop around for a variety of styles and features. They do make great gifts for others, even if you include some people photos :)

• wifey2mikey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Snapfish does a great job, but unless you get a discount or coupon code, their's can be pretty pricey.

~Laura

• MissSherry
    12 years ago

Beautiful picture of that tailed blue, Laura!

Sherry

Sponsored