Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Monarchs eclosed!

Posted by docmom z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 12:53

I woke this morning to find two Monarchs hanging from their chrysalis drying their wings in my bedroom hallway. Within an hour a third eclosed and all have now fluttered off to enjoy the sunshine. I have four left to eclose and I expect them in three or four days. It was fun that my teenage daughter was around and reading out on the patio. One of the Monarchs found its way to her knee and sat there for about 15 minutes flapping its wings and tickling her. I'm sure she's convinced the butterfly thought she was somehow a very special place to hang out. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Martha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Monarchs eclosed!

Yay!!! The first of my eggs eclosed today too. Did you get a big butterfly too? My chrysalis' are all different sizes.. the male that eclosed today is huge!
Congrats!

o

Yes, they were all nice, big butterflies!

Martha

o

Congratulations on your eclosures! I think that's neat how the one landed on your daughter's leg. :)
Cathy

o

Congrats on your first enclosures! I had 3 eclose this morning also, but they weren't the first. They've been eclosing in dribs and drabs for a few weeks now.

I try to stuff those little cats with milkweed so they'll get big and fat, and make big butterflies. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here