Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladobe

Visitor last night...

ladobe
12 years ago

I've been seeing mantids for quite a while this year, starting from when they were about a quarter inch long. Last night I spent an enjoyable hour watching one stalk and feed on ants by my patio. It was amazing how many it consumed in an hour. It was still happily eating away when I came in about midnight, was still going to it a couple of hours later when I went out to walk, but was gone when I came back an hour later. It still has a lot of growing to do though at only about 2.5" long.

Decided to try to get a picture that first hour, but the ground is not really within my realm anymore unless I fall on it. So I sat on my walker and reached as far down as I could to try to get as close as I could to a side shot. Since the LCD screen is on the back of my P&S I just guessed where it would be in the the frame, took three and this one came out OK even considering I had to press the shutter with my thumb. Anyway, with the nonexistent lep season we are having here this year, it's better than nothing to take a picture of.

{{gwi:525817}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting