Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost Email regarding GST Host Plants including Ruta odorata

Posted by imabirdnut 7b North Texas (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 14:34

Somehow I lost an email from a generous Ca plant person! I received the email & was offered host plant seeds including Ruta odorata, a native GST host tree...wild lime I think & Aristolochia durior seeds for PVST for SASBE. Not sure what happened to email but was ready to send envelope & the email is gone!
Please respond!!! ;o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost Email regarding GST Host Plants including Ruta odorata

Look in the FAQ section, there is a list of host plants there. The FAQ section is located at the top of the forum and the host plant list is the last item listed.

Giant Swallowtail
- Citrus family, Rutaceae
1. Ptelea trifoliata - hop tree, wafer ash
2. Zanthoxylum clava-herculis - hercules club
3. Zanthoxylum fagara - wild lime
4. Zanthoxylum americanum - prickly ash
5. Citrus spp. - various species, including cultivated
6. Murraya paniculata - orange jasmine
7. Ruta graveolens - rue

I think MissSherry also mentioned Satsuma, but I don't know which one she is using. I guess that goes into Citrus spp.

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ Hostplant list

o
RE: Lost Email regarding GST Host Plants including Ruta odorata

Runmeade, thanks but what happened is someone sent me an email offering to send me some Ruta odorata along with some other seeds that would be hardy in my area & somehow I lost the email. I don't remember who it came from & am hoping he will send another email to me so that I can mail a SASBE & get the seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here