Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Sex in the City

susanlynne48
11 years ago

I came home from my daughter's house this afternoon to Monarchs everywhere, and two very "engaged" if you know what I mean.....flying from here to there very "attached" to one another. Butterfly love! LOL!

I will hopefully get eggs. I went to HD on Sunday to p/u paint strainers and tomato cages. I have 1 cage set up with 4 cats in it. There were a lot more eggs than that, but 4 was all I could find by the time I could get to them. I will try to find more tomorrow, but I injured my back today trying to carry too many groceries at one time. This is an ongoing problem for me. Had back surgery in 2004, which has helped me tremendously since then. But I have always tried to overdo things and pushed the envelope when it comes to not doing the things I shouldn't. I've just refused to stop gardening, digging holes, cutting back trees and vines, carrying 40 lb bags of soil/manure. Every now and then it gets me in the crosshairs followed by an accurate shot in the lumbar region. I may have a trip to the ER in store for tomorrow....oh, geez. Now is not the time for this.

Susan

Comments (4)

• MissSherry
    11 years ago

I'm glad to hear the monarchs are making more of themselves in Oklahoma City, Susan!

Please try to temper your activities. I've learned how to make more trips back and forth to the car with heavy groceries - those gallons of milk are heavy, aren't they? - rather than try to carry too much at once. I've strained my shoulder and paid for it for months! But I don't blame you for staying active! That's the only way to live!

Sherry

• bananasinohio
    11 years ago

Ice it right away! I have learned (the hard way)that anytime I sprain a body part or have a muscle spasm to use ice and lots of anti-inflammatories. That minimizes the swelling and the damage. Then after the first day or two, out comes the heating pad to help bloodflow to the area. I find it is not the initial strain but the swelling that is the real problem, which is why it is so painful the next day.

I am sorry that it happened to you. Why does the universe play such cruel tricks on us? My brain is loving getting older but it is leaving my body behind. My brain wants to run in the fields chasing butterflies and my body wants to stay on the couch and watch TV.

Hope you feel better,
    Elisabeth

• docmom_gw
    11 years ago

Susan,
    So sorry to hear of your back problems. I hope you don't have to resort to the emergency department. Don't you have a primary care doc who knows about your back troubles and can see you in the office or call some pain meds and muscle relaxers to a local pharmacy? Even a med center would be able to help you with your back. The wait time in the ER can be so long. I hope by now you are finding some relief one way or another. Good luck.

Martha

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes! I did go to the ER that day and got a steroid injection. By the next day, it was feeling better, and I was very grateful. Sometimes it will last for 2 or more weeks. Usually it only happens a couple or three times a year, so hopefully I am in the clear for awhile.

When you are a single person living alone, you have to just put on your big girl pants and keep going cuz there is no one else to help. Maybe that helps sometimes, too, to just dig in and push forward.
    I didn't have many butterflies yesterday in the garden, except for the Gulf Frits and a couple of Checkerspots. I found another nasty Wheel Bug, which I terminated. He was hiding in the passion vine - of course. But I'm not going to risk combing thru it all to find predators that more than likely would find my bumbling hands first!!!

Susan

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions