Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mostone_gw

Released my last two Monarchs yesterday

mostone
11 years ago

We ended our first season raising butterflies yesterday releasing numbers 75 and 76. Ten were Black Swallowtails, the rest Monarchs. It was so much fun that we are already making plans to expand our host plants so that we can raise even more next year. Thanks to everyone here for making me welcome. I have enjoyed being part of the forum.

Comments (3)

• MissSherry
    11 years ago

Congratulations on all your releases!

Raising butterflies is addicting, isn't it? But it's a healthy addiction! :)

Sherry

• terrene
    11 years ago

Congrats Mostone, 76 releases is pretty good for a first year! I think I only did 23 or something (gotta check records on that). This year it's probably somewhere between 150-200 and there are still 5 chrysalises left.

MissSherry is right, it's very addicting and I just keep getting sucked in deeper every year...but I LOVE it!!

• ala8south
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh! Those numbers are incredible! We released our first today and it was such a rush. hadn't intended to raise one. But I'd been outside about to pull up my milkweed because I hadn't seen a single Monarch. When I bent over there was a Monarch cat eating away.....and only 4 inches away was a black swallowtail cat in the clutches of some bug that was sucking it's guts out. So I had to save it!
    Dell

Sponsored