Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GF question

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Sun, Sep 12, 10 at 14:31

After at least 10 years of waiting to get GF's I finally found 3 newly hatched ones. I moved those to an enclosure because there's so many ants, wasps and tree frogs in the garden this year and after waitig so long I really want them to live. I have plenty of passiflora vines but will they pupate and eclose before it gets too cold?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GF question

They should be fine, Karyn, and they'll pupate and eclose this year. They don't overwinter in our temperate zones.

Ten years! Wow, you did wait awhile before you got them. What PF are they on? I believe I recall you saying you had several different species.

BTW, the first bloom on my Calotropis gigantea opened this morning! They sure are stunning, aren't they?

Susan

o

Congrats on the Crown Flower. I just love them. I have white and purple varieties but only the purples have bloomed so far.

I think it's an incarnata seedling. It's a small plant so I'll replace it with something else before they defoliate it. I probably have somewhere between 20 and 30 varieties of PF's. Most are suitable for the GF's but there's some I don't want them on.

o

Karyn, 10 years!! thats a lifetime! GF's are fairly common where i live but i havent had them on my passifora edulis yet. Do you get them on passiflora edulis?
Siam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here