Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
feeding frenzy

Posted by hawaiiponder34 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 15:59

Feeding these guys before they get release this morning:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: feeding frenzy

Woops, forgot the pics:-)

o

WOW!! Good for you:) What's that you're feeding them, watermelon?

o

I kept it or few days because we have windy and rainy weather, today was perfect:-), yup watermelon if not too much flower is around. Sad to see all 13 go, but they gotta be on their own, I got next batch coming out soon.

o

Great job:) Those are real beauties. Keep up the good work.
All our butterflies are "tanking up" for the trip, and I have no more ELFs.

o

Im sure next year there will me twice as much elfs will come to you. You know know while in the cage they left me some eggs to babysit...and we are not talking about 10 eggs...lord I hope I have enough foods!

o

Really cool pic! I've never seen anything like it. Congrats on the Monarch success! I wish I had had more of them this year.
Angie

o

with you guys expertise on planting milkweeds, and better knowledge with nectar plants, am sure next year will be plentiful of monarchs in your area:-). I am new to this, and my butterfly garden is so slow to grow. but I read so much from the internet, saved up all the eggs I can find, scouting the entire neighborhood for crownflower leaves, and raising them cats indoors, I got lucky :-). If I only live there in the mainland, I will probably crazy raising these guys! remember now, I just started in mid July this year...can't believed I raised and released so much, and I got plenty more...how I wish I have a tagging sticker thingy and tag these guys so I know how far they can go..well, at least here in Hawaiian islands:-).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here