Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterflies AND Moths...Time for a forum name change??

Posted by perennialfan273 zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 16:22

So...I was thinking. The name of this forum is "Butterfly Gardens", but a lot of people post here about moths, since they are very similar and gardening for moths is very similar to gardening for butterflies (in the sense that they need both host and nectar plants). Anyways, I think the forum name should be changed to "Butterfly and Moth Gardens", or something that at least acknowledges the moths. After all, moths are just as important as butterflies, right??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterflies AND Moths...Time for a forum name change??

I too agree with this. :)

~Tina

o

I'm quite partial to MOTHS.

o

Lepidopteran Gardening or Gardening for Lepidoptera both say it all - either would be correct as short names. But this forum is a common name (or acronyms and intialisms of them) mainly designed for hobbyists, so those names won't fly.

o

...besides that, it would ruin the order of things, as moths are clearly the underdog in the public's perception of lepidoptera. Only the Lunesta moth appears among the many butterflies used in recent advertising.

Since the name change proposal is bound to fail anyway, let's go for "The Moth and Butterfly Garden".

o

How about Ada's Atrium?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here