Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eryngi_gw

Has anyone bought milkseeds from livemonarch before?

Eryngi
11 years ago

Hello! I recently purchased some milkseeds from livemonarch.com however I never received them. They were kind enough to retry sending them but I never got those either. They said this never happened before but I'm wondering now, has this happened to anyone else? Is this site known for this? Or are they reliable and I'm just a fluke? I'm questioning because I'm wondering if I should reorder with extra for a tracking tag or go somewhere else.

Here is a link that might be useful: LiveMonarch

Comments (7)

• KC Clark - Zone 2012-6a OH
    11 years ago

Cannot say I've bought anything from them in a few years but all my rearing socks are from them. No problems when I purchased the socks.

• tnu07mom
    11 years ago

I ordered from them a couple of years ago without any problem. Last year I purchased seeds from Butterfly Encounters. They are more expensive, but had a greater variety. I will be ordering more soon, some to plant this fall, and some to start indoors this winter.

• docmom_gw
    11 years ago

I've not ordered anything from them, but I have lots of milkweed seeds I'd be happy to send you for postage. I'll e-mail you my address and you can send me an address label and stamps and I can send you A. tuberosa and A. incarnata. My seeds are a year or so old, but I've been getting excellent germination.

Martha

• docmom_gw
    11 years ago

Eryngi,
    Your e-mail is blocked so I can't send you a note. Could you send me an e-mail? Hope to hear from you.

Martha

• Tony G
    11 years ago

Hi Eryngi,

I would try Butterfly Encounters. Bobby tests all the seeds so the germination rates are high, Tony

• terrene
    11 years ago

I just purchased 2 pop up enclosures, and a couple other items from LiveMonarch this summer. The order came very quickly, was 100% intact, and it included a little bag of milkweed seeds. Kind of dumb though, they didn't label the seeds and I don't know know what species they are (probably Asclepias curassavica).

I love the pop ups (bought the small and large size) - especially the smaller one - it's 12 inches square. I started putting the Monarch chrysalises that were darkening in this one so they could eclose separately from the other chrysalises and cats. I'm also thinking about over-wintering my Black Swallowtails chrysalises in the small pop up. They appear to be better quality than the one I got from Educational Science, but I use that one a lot too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Live Monarch protective enclosures

• Leafhead
    10 years ago

I just visited Butterfly Encounters. They have a spp of Milkweed for every part of the country. I just ordered 5 varieties native to the Midwest/ Wisconsin.
    The more diversity in the monarch's diet, the better.
    They are a little pricey, but I love the selection:)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm