Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (5)

• bananasinohio
    11 years ago

First, let me say that this is one of the best websites for first hand experiences on a variety of subjects. So, congratulations on that! I do tons of research on the web and am suprised how much Gardenweb pops up.

I think the biggest issue is getting pictures on the site. I wouldn't want photos to take over because, as I said above, the importance of Gardenweb is the amount of written information provided by members. However, adding photos is a must for a lot of the subjects. So, a good photo uploading feature is a must. This should be a one stop shop to load as many as you want (within reason) at one time and downsizes the size of the file at the same time.

Thanks,
    Elisabeth

• terryr
    11 years ago

Can I edit after I've posted? If I can't edit, I'd love to be able to edit my post AFTER I've posted. If my sentence doesn't make sense, I can edit it, forgot a word? edit it, so on and so forth...yes, I re-read, that sometimes doesn't help me :) And if I can edit, would someone be so kind as to point out the obvious that I'm clearly missing? ;)

Thanks Tamara,

Terry

• bananasinohio
    11 years ago

Yeah, the whole editing process could be a little better. I hate that I have to submit it before reviewing it. Then if there is a mistake, review it again. And I noticed that the photo file is gone if you do re-submit it after editing.

Elisabeth

• terryr
    11 years ago

Preview, then re-reading, then previewing again...that's been here since the days of Spike, so I can't say that bothers me so much..:) I mean after it's gone live and you see you wrote one instead of on, any grammatical error or error in your proof-reading even if you do hit Preview Message 10 x's like I have been known to do before I hit submit!

I'm re-reading now and see that I've written I'm mean above (it did, I've corrected it now)...it should read I mean..some people quickly hit preview then hit submit. Then they have no way to edit. That's what I'm talking about!

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?