Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

First Year Of Butterfly Gardening A Success!!!

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

My first year of butterfly gardening was a complete success!!! Already planning on what to plant next year as I started prepping my winter sowing jugs today lol!!! I'm including Joe Pye Weed, more Verbena bonariensis, Blue Vervain, and other annuals and perennials.

It has also helped me personally too as I've been in a funk since May (long story). Seeing all the swallowtails and Monarchs really cheered me up. My tithonias/Mexican sunflowers and the Heavenly Blue morning glories that were growing on them came down in the wind and rain last month or the beginning of this month. Hmm, guess I'm going to have to find a different area for them next year if I plant them.

My favorite butterfly plant that I added this year is none other than my butterfly bush :). I cannot wait for it until next year! It has finished blooming but the annuals (and some perennials) are still blooming around it!

How did everyone else's gardens do this year? I hope they went well! I hope the Monarchs that hatched from my garden are safely on their way to sunny Mexico!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (4)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA