Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woollybear69

White Peacock Butterfly.

woollybear69
9 years ago

This is a photo, of a beautiful, White Peacock Butterfly, resting on the bottom of my terrarium. INFORMATION: The only time that a Butterfly, Moth Cocoon, or a Moth Pupa, does not eclose properly, resting on the bottom of my terrarium, if it was born DEFORMED. The rest of the time, all the rest were born healthy. My plastic terrarium is only seven inches wide. When a Butterfly or Moth ecloses at the bottom of my terrarium, it gets up, and looks for a high place to open it's wings. This Butterfly or Moth, walks right over to one side of the terrarium, that has the paper towels on it, climbs about half way up, stops, and let's his wings open up. It has no problem at all doing this. Both Butterflies and Moths, have no problem doing this. Over, many, many, years, I have used many different objects inside my terrarium, for the Butterflies and Moths to use, to open up there wings. The best one, was using the paper towels. I have used long twigs from a tree, inside my terrarium, for a Butterfly or Moth to climb up on, to open it's wings. I also used large pebbles and rocks inside my terrarium, for the Butterfly or Moth to climb up on, to open there wings. I used two, large, artificial flowers inside my terrarium, for the Butterfly or Moth to climb up on, to open there wings. I also used a long, artificial stem, that had a lot of artificial flowers on it. The large artificial flowers, kept the tops of the flowers, high in the air. The Butterflies and Moths, would climb up the sides of these flowers, to open there wings. All these objects, were used, many, many, years ago. NOW, I only use the paper towels. One paper towel, on two sides of my terrarium, for the Butterflies and Moths to climb up on, to open there wings. I've had a one hundred percent success rate, on these Butterflies and Moths, opening there wings. The only time a Butterfly or Moth, does not open it's wings, if it was born DEFORMED. Many, many, years ago, I placed a lot of small artificial flowers, all along the top of my terrarium, on the inside. I also placed a lot of small artificial flowers, on the bottom of my terrarium. I then placed a lot of small pebbles and rocks, on the bottom of my terrarium, for the Butterflies and Moths to sit on. I made the inside of my terrarium, look like a beautiful Butterfly Garden, or a beautiful Flower Garden. There were many times, that I saw a Butterfly and Moth, resting on a rock or pebble, trying to sip nectar, from these small artificial flowers........

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH