Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truly unbelievable!!!!

Posted by tiffy_z5_6_can 5/6 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 13, 10 at 13:45

It's 2:30 pm and I'm out starting to clean things in the yard for the inevitable season coming at us. Beautiful day and I start procrastinating and walking about the gardens with my dog when something catches my eye - a MONARCH! It's a female with not a blemish which comes to rest on fallen leaves and warm gravel in the sunshine. It's 14C which is unusually warm for November 13th, but still - November 13th!!! WOW! Just amazing! I should check and make sure I'm not in Kansas and still in Canada... :O)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truly unbelievable!!!!

I went out this morning to feed my finches and there were several small yellow butterflies. I couldn't believe it. we have been having temps in lower 30's -20. We have had 3 light frost and 2 hard freezes couldn't believe it that butterflies were still coming around. I have mums. roses,salvia,2 dianathus,a newly planted flower in bloom there's not much for poor butterfly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here