Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: rosary vine/string of hearts and an id

Posted by queenofdiamonds z5 N.W. Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 1, 06 at 16:55

Well first off I have this succulent type plant that I have had for several years, I've looked and looked but cannot find an ID for it
here are several pictures of it just in case anybody knows what it is
the leaves are small and thick
and it cascades over the pot.
I would like to trade some starts of this for equal amount of string of hearts vine or rosary vine, I believe they are the same plant.
If any one knows a name for this plant or would like to trade some of their rosary vine or string of hearts for some of this PLMK.
queenofdiamonds

Here is a link that might be useful: ??????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: rosary vine/string of hearts and an id

Here is another picture

Here is a link that might be useful: unknown plant close-up 1

o

And another picture

Here is a link that might be useful: what am I

o

Setcreasea pallida, aka Purple Heart? But I am afraid I already have loads of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Setcreasea pallida

o

No it's not purple heart, I have some of it growing a a pot of orchid cactus that I have and the leaves are very long.

Here is a link that might be useful: hoyas

o
RE: rosary vine and an id

My plant in question has very small leaves and they feel thick and succulent. Look at my photo below for a comparison of its size to my hand. It allmost reminds me of how wandering jew feels when you break a piece off a stem but the leaves are only an inch or less long.
Anyway I would like to trade some of this for some rosary vine starts if anyone is interested.
queenofdiamonds

P.S. I know these plants are not hoyas, I have these pictures stored with the pictures of my hoyas on photobucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: hoyas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here