Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: wanted: help with 4-H project

Posted by scot z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 20:19

i am a 4-H leader in Michigan, and while absent from a meeting was elected to lead the kids with making container gardens for this years fair. there are approx 8 kids and they will need 3 named specimens of cacti for this project.
i thought i would be able to run out to wally world and pick up some plants, but they dont stock them during the winter, and i cant find anyplace else around here. i believe that they can use any succulent species but know for sure that cacti are the expected. any size plants are fine, i can trade anything on my list (not much on it) i also have several opuntias that are hardy to zone 5 and take the wet fairly well too. any help or direction appreciated.
thanks
scot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: wanted: help with 4-H project

Most folks let their succulents and cacti go into a dormant state during winter and as a result don't transplant them or take cuttings fom during the dormancy period. You may have better luck getting help with your project when things warm up in the spring and plants come out of dormancy.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here