Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Yellow Flowered Christmas Cactus

Posted by alaskanamazon 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 21:16

I'm looking for a yellow flowered Christmas Cactus cutting or small start. I can trade or pay for it. Or even if you could just point me in the direction of a company who sells them?
Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Yellow Flowered Christmas Cactus

emal me I have some different types of them for spring shipping
darwin

o

There is no such thing as a yellow-flowered Christmas cactus! Real Christmas cactus, Schlumbergera x buckleyi, has magenta-colored blooms. Thanksgiving cactus, Schlumbergera x truncata, is probably what you are thinking of. It is sometimes erroneously referred to as "Christmas cactus" when sold in big-box stores and less-professional nurseries.

Here is a link that might be useful: RECOGNITION and CULTURE of the HOLIDAY CACTI

o

Ok, looking for yellow flowered thanksgiving cactus :-) I'm still looking

o

Look on ebay. There are several terrific growers who regularly sell yellow christmas cactus. I've seen Limelite, Limelite Dancer, Cebelina, and Golden Dancer on there quite often lately.

It is okay to call yellow flowering plants Christmas cactus. Holiday cactus, Thanksgiving cactus, and Christmas cactus are merely the "common" name most people use for the genus of Schlumbergera. The Schlumbergera genus has five groups, one of which is the buckleyi.

o

Did you get a yellow christmas cactus? Do you have any named christmas cactus to trade?

o

I have the yellow one and plenty of other colors, plenty to share , i got all my starts from walmart lowes, send me an email if you didn't find any

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here