Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floridabear

WANTED: Stapelia Gigantea

floridabear
17 years ago

Does anyone have some of this 'good old plain' Stapelia,and have some good cuttings they would be willing to trade for postage? I use to grow hundreds of different varieties of Stapelias,but ever since Hurricane Wilma,my collection is all but gone. Including the common gigantea! Since it is the easiest to grow, and most people into these plants have a lot of it on hand. I am asking for some nice BIG,hopefully, sections of it, to pot up and have summer blooms this year. PLEASE! anyone? No one had any Huernia Magniflora to trade, how about this common Stapelia? I miss my Gigantea so badly. :(

Comments (5)

• danl8189
    17 years ago

I have Stapelia gigantea I think 3 or so cuttings that i would trade for any stapelia or Huernia cuttings. I lost all of mine but the giantea and would like to get tnem back again. So if you have 1 or 2 cuttings i will give you mine.
    Dan

• floridabear
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dan. I think you emailed me...then i lost it..and now I don't have your offer that you emailed to me. I figured I'd left a posting here...maybe you'd see it. I have lots of huernias and other staplias..most unnamed now thanks to the hurricane, the tags flew off and I lost so many plants. But I think I could come up with a trade. IF you still have the offer.

• floridabear
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've written to you Dan and have gotten no reply. So I assume you no longer come to this forum? I wrote to you privately and also got no reply.

• mskeetpod
    16 years ago

Are you still looking for Stapelia?
    Trudy

• floridabear
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Trudy, no I am not. I bought 1 really beautiful plant. The offer I was sent above seemed to have dried up and died...never heard back from him after emailing him several times.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?