Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jderosa_gw

WANTED: collection of small flowering orchid cactus forschool

jderosa
18 years ago

I'm interested in getting a small collection (5 or so hybrids) of small flowering orchid cactus for a greenhouse at the middle school I teach at. I'm a science teacher, and I've been starting to populate the greenhouse for teh students. We've started seeds, and taken cuttings from some plants, and I've even brought in some of my larger plants os that the greenhouse has a somewhat tropical feel to it.

I't a pretty small greenhouse by school standards, but I've only been able to get it about half full on my own. None of teh other science teachers have an interest in plants, so this baby is basically all mine.

I brought in my collection of species amaryllis, some Euphorbias, some nice oddball philodendrons, a small collection of tropical carnivorous plants, my Amorphophallus bulbs (should be interesting in another two months or so), some larger cabbage palms, and now I'm interested in bringin in somemore flowering plants.

The greenhouse is cool all winter, and is probably hotter than the sun during the summer, when all of the plants will be placed outside in a protected courtyard.

Any assistance in obtaining a nice collection of colors with one trade wouldbe aqppreciated. These can be cuttings (I'd like a couple of cutting of each variety so I can get started quicker), or rooted starts - whatever you have. I'm sure that we can work out a reasonable trade so long as I can trade non-succulents. Check out my trade page, or tell me what you really want. You never know. I might even have some Welwitchia seeds available!

Joe 'resorting to begging' DeRosa

Comments (9)

Sponsored