Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: have: endangered miniature prickly pear

Posted by rufino z10 Florida (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 23, 06 at 12:55

I have unrooted pads of Opuntia triacantha to trade for cuttings, plants or seeds of stapeliads, sedums, kalanchoes, echeverrias, graptopetalums, senecios, or miniature aloe species or hybrids,

Opuntia triacantha is an adorable little species with pads about 2-inches in diameter and oversized bright yellow flowers. It is very easily grown and, because it comes from the Florida Keys and Caribbean islands, it is very forgiving of overwatering (it has to be able to survive torrential downpours when hurricanes come through!). Yet, like all prickly pears, it can take extreme heat and drought. I'm not sure how common it is in the Caribbean but it is endangered in Florida (the only state in which it grows in the United States). Unlike most opuntias (prickly pears), it can be grown and flowered in a small pot on a sunny window-sill.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: have: endangered miniature prickly pear

I would love to trade. Sent you an email. Thanks Jennifer

o
RE: have: have: endangered miniature prickly pear

Do you have any of there left? please e-mail me at jolly_rancherscream@hotmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here