Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hermitonthehill

WANTED: cuttings of 'Fairy Castle' Acanthocereus tetragonus

hermitonthehill
17 years ago

I'm looking for cuttings (to root myself, doesn't have to be already established) Acanthocereus 'Fairy Castle', Acanthocereus tetragonus. This is one of the majority of cacti & succulents that I lost with a premature/early freeze last year. I adore this species though and feel its absence like the loss of a friend. :( Below is a photo of the cuttings I had rooted and got going, taken well before the freeze. I have nothing in the way of plants or cuttings to trade at this time EXCEPT for some newly formed pups that I can root for a trade or send fresh-off to be rooted by "you" when received, from the type of cactus shown in the last two photos where it is blooming. I don't know the Latin or common name on that cactus, it is a pass-along plant that I got from a gardening friend's elderly mother who got started with it from her twin sister - they've been gardening "forever" :) So if you know what type it is, drop me a note to enlighten me please. :) I don't have that mama-cactus anymore, I thought she would be hardy in this zone, but I was misinformed and I lost her in the freeze, but I miraculously had one of her uprooted babies survive and that one is producing the pups for me. Other than that, I have seeds - feel free to check my trade list and even if you don't see something listed there that you are looking for, inquire, as it might simply have made it to an updated list yet.

seeking cuttings of this:

{{gwi:455886}}

have small pups of this in trade or peruse my seeds on/in my trade list

{{gwi:455887}}

{{gwi:455888}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996