Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

WANTED: Stapelia Grandiflora

PoohBearLvr
11 years ago

I'm looking for this Stapelia. I had a huge speciamen of it, then it just started to die on me this past fall/winter. I even took off about 8 cuttings, and they didnt take. Does anyone have this Stapelia? With the nice BIG red furry flowers? I will trade or give good old greenbacks for some rooted cuttings, even if they are not rooted. Anyone??

Comments (5)

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

i got a reply for this, someone with an offer for some grandiflora for a papilio bulb in April. but it also said this person has choosen to not give their email address, I cant reply to your offer without your email address. I have to sneak mine in here, and hope you see it, I should have gotten your first name. My email is the 'EDGE' of a knife at '33309',then 'AT YAHOO DOT COM' use all the capitol letters and number in the ' ' for the address,if you want to give me your address and do the trade in April. you want to wait till April. Can you figure out my address

• johnsonm08
    11 years ago

Hi
    Sent you email
    Mike

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

I have Stapelia Gigantea (Starfish Flower). It has a yellowist type flower. See picture. I also have the red kind but only a few stems and they seem hard for me to grow. If you what any, Let me know.
    Stush

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Hi Stush, that's a beauty queen.

I have mine grow straight up. I probrably have to copy yours, grow 'en in the hanging pot. Thanks for the idea.

Btw, poohbearlvr, I am looking the same thing too That large red bloom so pretty.

Thanks.

• Sirron
    10 years ago

Hi I was just wondering if you've found this plant. I have one, and I didn't realize the blooms were the smelly kind. I would love to trade with you of you're still interested.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor