Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bird_of_paradise

WANTED: Fixer upper...Does anyone want these?

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I received a bunch of succulents in a lovely exchange with a fellow GardenWeb member. Unfortunately, some did not fare well and became small or grew etiolated due to lack of sufficient sun. I have already trashed these...ouch:
- Sedum Acre 'Oktoberfest' - Gold Moss, Carpet Stonecrop
- Red Echeveria 'Pulv-Oliver'
- Senecio Kleiniiformis 'Spear Head'
- Malephora Crocea, Red 'Ice Plant'

For some reason, I can't get myself to throw out this one, but it has to go, as well - it's 14" tall, the leaves are small and have none of the red color they originally had on their tips:
- Sedeveria, Burro's Tail 'Sorrento'

In addition, I have the original (4-year old) 8" tall Cereus I brought back with me from the Caribbean. The original cactus grows as one tall column (bigger than a house) with no pups attached; pups come in with their own root system a few feet away from the cactus. It is a night-blooming cactus and the flower is huge and black...that's right, black.

On my windowsill, this cactus reverted to Fairy Castle. I have removed many pups from this cactus, all Fairy Castle. I just cut 4 pups off it. This cactus has been through torture, was forgotten on a rear fire escape for 6 months, got sun scorched, has been hacked, and is still going strong. If anyone wants it to plant outdoors, that's exactly where it belongs. Maybe it'll grow properly again...about 10 feet tall!! I believe the roots have to dig deep in order for it to grow properly, so sunny outdoor planting would be ideal. Otherwise, you can at least expect some Fairy Castle out of it by removing the pups when they grow a few inches tall.

I will include 4 Echinopsis ?Oxigona? Barrel cactus pups, some rooted, some with aerial roots...removing from mother.

So, I'm offering:
- Sedeveria Sorrento
- Cereus ?Peruvianus? - Very prolific
- 4 Echinopsis ?Oxigona? Barrel - Very prolific

You pay postage. If you'd prefer to do this as a swap, I'll welcome any interesting Cactus (no Opuntias, please) or Euphorbia that won't become etiolated on a NY window sill. Just send whatever you feel is fair. I will welcome and be content with whatever you have in abundance and won't miss. Please feel free to take a look at my list to get an idea of what I'm partial to.

Enjoy a restful day and fruitful week.

Comments (4)

Sponsored