Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Trade fromthe list for any cactus I don'thave.

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 15:26

Most are small, will provide details on individual plants.

Numerus orchids

Numerus Epiphyllum cuttings

Huernia hystrix
H macrocarpa crest
H minuta
H plowesii
H recondite
H somalica
H thuretii
Orbea ciliate
Stapelia gettleffii
S grandiflora
S verrucosa
Stapelianthus decrayi
Stapelianthus hardyi

Euphoria afruginosa minor
Gymnocalycium bruchii
Mammillaria elongata 'Golden Star'
Obregonia denegrii
Tephrocactus articuatus v oligacanthus
Trichocereus peruviana crested

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Trade fromthe list for any cactus I don'thave.

Hi Nick...saw your posting and just wanted to tell you that the tree-like cactus you sent me several months ago is going crazy! It has grown 12 branches in the last month! I can almost watch it grow! After you sent it to me, I printed the name of the plant on a piece of paper aand scotch-taped a label on the pot, not giving any thought to the intensity of the sun and it bleached out all the letters in the name. Kind of hoping you will remember what the name is. It looks like a type of opuntia that grows in form like a tree if that helps to trigger your memory. I only have a small echinopsis easter lilly cactus, a clumping plant for which I have one cutting that is only an inch and a quarter across. Jeff

o
RE: HAVE: Trade fromthe list for any cactus I don'thave.

Hi Jeff

I. glad you are happy with it, I love the growth habit of that plant. Mine is a 4' plus foot tree covered with small yellow flowers at this time of year. Its called Opuntia argentinea or argentiniensis, apparently very similar if not identical to O brasiliensis. Given enough time it will reach a height of 20 feet, not a good climbing tree for kids considering the needles.

I'll take the little Echinopsis if you see something you like.

Nick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here