Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Would anyone like to trade a cutting for 2 bat flower seed

Posted by LullabyF360 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 12:13

Ok, no one will probably bite, but it is worth a shot. A few years ago I got a hold of some black bat flower seeds. I know, I know it takes forever for these buggers to do anything, yet my efforts & patience & techniques have yielded nothing at all. I tried several times over using different methods, until I finally gave up with two seeds left. Shortly afterwards, the gardening gods bestowed luck upon me, & I found some seedlings being grown in a nursery. All I am asking is ONE cactus cutting (or if you have something else from my list) for two black bat flower seeds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Would anyone like to trade a cutting for 2 bat flower

I currently have about 30 to 50 cactus seedlings left. I gave most away for postage. They are night blooming Cereus peruvianus. They can grow to 20 feet in the wild but as house plants you can control them to large size of about 3 to 4 feet. Many people grow them as house plants.
Stush

o

Sounds like a trade :) I have tried growing this cactus from seeds before. Didn't work out too well. My poor seedlings died about a month after germinating. They simply spriveled up :/

o

I got your email. Just pay postage when you send me your address. About how many do you want? Currently they are about 1 to 2 inches high and I gave a bunch out last year that are now 4 inches high. These guys can take more waterings then your aveage cactus. All is welcomed to some. I should list my own post.
BTW you would be suprised how many never pay the postage. Most do but some just take.
Stush

o

Hiya Stush,

Am sorry to hear you're getting stiffed on postage, that is just NOT right. May I pls. suggest you wait to get approximate postage FIRST & then send out the plants?

A friend on here used to do big mailings of plants cuttings but after having been stiffed way too many times, he had to resort to asking folks to pay postage first please.

Sadly too many folks out there eager to advantage (oops, think even I owe you postage for the striped Sans. you recently sent me).

o

Pirate,
Big difference. I sent you the plants without you asking for them. So they are a gift. Your welcome.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here