Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wavespell

WANTED: Trichocereus peruvianus

wavespell
10 years ago

Looking for this cactus. I will trade tropicals or other cacti in a trade.

Comments (6)

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Is it Peruvian? Your looks like Pachani/San Pedro.

I have one called Cereus Peruvian as picture shown. Or, I got it confused?

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Here is my San Pedro/Trichocereus Panchanoi.

• Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    10 years ago

I think the previous poster is correct - Your request seems to be for a San Pedro (smoother edged than mine).

In any event, please let me know if this is what you're looking for. Grown under the right conditions, shaded but sunny outdoor climate, this plant grows to 8 feet in one single stalk. It uses all its energy to grow in height and does not throw off any pups. New growth comes in only at the bottom, as separate plants, but never on the plant itself as you see here. This is the direct result of etiolation from indirect sunlight. It is my understanding that it will again grow correctly given the proper conditions.

I am offering the plant on the right. This is the original mother plant I brought home from the Caribbean three years ago. It's been growing in limited sunlight and the new growth has reverted to Fairy Castle Cactus. I have taken many cuttings off this plant, one of which you can see in the photo (left).

The plant is currently 7" tall x 4" wide - The Fairy Castle Cactus in the photo was its last head, removed, repotted, and doing well. This plant is currently on my rear fire-escape, in an attempt to get it more sunlight. It has 2 offshoots coming in, one below and one on top. The spotting on the plant is sunburn because - I know this because it's only on the side of the plant that was facing the window, where the sun hit it strongest.

{{!gwi}}

• wavespell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

THOSE ARE NICE PHOTOS! I do not have a San Pedro (Trichocereus pachanoi - 2nd pic) and the first pic is a species I have never encountered. Is it from Peru? I have already plenty of Trichocereus peruvianus and Trichocereus bridgesii, and I am trying to sell them on ebay. My handle is wavespell in cactus and succulent section. If you can identify 1st plant, I would be interested. Good to hear from you.......wavespell

• Andy Dickerson
    7 years ago

I've got some peruvianus for trade what you got

• wavespell
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have kk242 and bridgesii and kk243. I was looking for Lophophora species, or rare blooming cactus for trade. I have that variety in your photo, and it is hard to handle for transplanting. I will show you a few pictures of what I have and am looking for.....

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH